Sunday 17 April 2011

UK Hit By DIY Easter Mania

Hi Curious Readers,

It has been a gorgeous day today, a bad day to be stuck outside in jeans! (note to self: dig out the summer dresses and skirts NOW). Had a lovely BBQ with the family and got some more brilliant ideas on what I can contribute to the blog over the next few months, my mum's special secret recipe for low fat potato salad being one!
I have been reading what the web has to offer this evening and according to the DIY Juggernaut B&Q, Easter is the time for home improvement. Here at Curious HQ we are already eyeing up the boy's old black wooden furniture and picturing cream paint and Cath Kidston decoupage prints!

Apparently many Britons improve their homes with simple light changes, with over 900,000 lightblubs sold over the season!
Loving this vintage style porcelain lightbulbs from modern50.com!

As a B&Q spokesperson said "The Easter Break affords a long weekend opportunity to crack the first DIY projects of the year and the the country is a hive of innovation with new ideas springing into people's homes". For those who want to read the full article then please look here: http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=82677

I definitely agree that Easter is a time for change in the home, whether it be organising that stack of books that have been laying in the corner since Christmas, having a complete spring clean or actually getting dirty with some paint.

So I hope you too will grab your paintbrushes, arm yourself with feather dusters and do something to improve your own wonderland this festive season. Look out tomorrow for some homemade body/face scrub recipes, who says your home is the only thing that has to be beautiful!






Follow my blog with bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Hello, dear . . . lovely to meet you. I am stopping by from Lady Bloggers tea, and I'm so glad to be here. My husband and I were just telling each other today that we are in great need for an Easter time clean-up and spring cleaning/project to begin. Now, if only we could get our act together to actually complete our tasks . . . we'll be in such good shape!!! Great post. Will be back for more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! (My first comment! *cheers*). Looking forward to seeing you here again soon and have fun with your easter clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    ~~Thanks for stopping by my site.
    Love your blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for visiting my blog! I really like the header of yours and I am looking forward to hear more about your mum's recipe!
    Keep in touch!
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Sabrina! Yes my mum's recipe is legendary haha, once easter is done I will definitely be featuring it.
    Keep in Touch
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you to you myinnerchick for stopping by!
    I hope you all enjoy what I have got coming up this week x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! Thanks for following. Now following you back via GFC and twitter. Love your cute fun blog. Have a great week! http://aimee-girltalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Aimee! Thanks so much for following me back! I am also following you on twitter now! Have a great week! x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, definitely want that low-fat potato salad recipe - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha thank you Andi! Next time we have a BBQ I will do a tutorial of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...